A CNC (computerized numerical control) router is a computer controlled cutting device that enables the operator to cut a wide range of materials including: wood, acrylic, metal, foam, plastics, and composites. A CNC router alone can perform the precise tasks of many workshop machines, such as:
- spindle moulder
- boring machine
- panel saw
They can also cut mortises and tenons.
Even though a CNC router cannot replace all your workshop tools adding one to your tool kit still gives you a lot of advantages, such as:
- You can use them continuously with only occasional maintenance.
- Because you can program a CNC with a specific design, you can use it to produce hundreds of exact replicas.
- Unlike manual milling machines or lathes, a CNC operator need not have as much training or experience.
- A CNC router is easily improved by maintain the machine.
- By using design software such as Pro/DESKTOP®, you will be able to create products that cannot be made using manual machines.
- Contemporary design software allows you to get straight to creating your design, without having to make a model or prototype.
- Once the CNC machines have been programmed, a single operator can supervise many machines, so long as the cutting tools are replaced as and when needed.
- Though CNC machines are more expensive to buy than manual tools their high productivity and adaptability make them valuable additions in the long term.
- Because CNC machines are becoming more popular, prices are decreasing.
At CAMaster, we aim to help you increase your company’s productivity and efficiency using high-quality machinery, hardware and software. Our expert team is committed to sharing our experience with you to help you take your enterprise to the next level. Contact us today to discuss our range of Stinger and Cobra CNC routers