Whether you’re cabinet making, plastic sheet machining or doing mill-work, when you have demanding router operations in your shop, an automatic tool changing spindle is a necessity if you want to save time and money. This useful device holds a number of different tools so that it can automatically change the bit on the router as and when needed.
Benefits of an Automatic Tool Changer
- Time reduction: it cut down the time a project is on the machine byautomatically changing router cutting bits between cuts, so the operator doesn’t have to do it manually.
- Simple completion of projects: projects can easily be completed even when different tools are required to make different cuts.
- Wide range of applications: the automatic tool changer can be used for many projects from cabinet making to furniture making.
- Different grading: the tool changer can also be used when different bits are needed for roughing and finishing without changing bits by hand.
- Eliminates need for different machines: the automatic tool changer is capable of performing tasks normally done by different machines.
Spindles are available in 0.4 – 40 hp. with speeds up to 40,000 rpm. They are suitable for use on a wide range of materials including:
- light alloy
Automatic tool changing spindles also have a taper tool interface for use with preset cutting tools. The bits are secured by means of a drawbar clamp which secures the tool holder within the spindle taper.
At CAMaster, we use machinery, hardware and software to facilitate and increase your company’s productivity and efficiency. Our team has a vast knowledge base and we are committed to sharing our experience with you to help you take your enterprise to the next level. Call us today to talk to us about our automatic tool changing spindle solutions.